Friday, August 1, 2008

The Rain

Recently I visited to my native place, a small village in the state of Orissa. I was going to my mother land after a long time. I was happy like anything thinking that I will be able to meet people I have loved so much.

To say something about my village - In my village almost eighty percent of population depends on agriculture. Most of them depend on the monsoon rain for their livelihood.

When I met my villagers the usual beautiful smile from them was missing. I could not figure it out why is it so? When I asked them I came to know the rain has not come as expected making them tensed. Then I felt what is going on their mind.

Few days before going to my native place it started rain in my work place. I felt why it rains whenever I start from home to office or office to home. I asked then why it rains on weekends spoiling all the fun of weekend. I asked God how my clothes will dry to wear when I get drenched every time I go somewhere?

But from the time I realized why the lovely smile of my villagers is missing, I said to myself "What was I asking to God". Now I feel I can do anything to see that smile on my villagers face forget my villagers any farmer's face. I am ready to get drenched 10 times a day. I am ready to wear that wet clothes as many times as possible. I am ready to get drenched everyday ten times in a day.

A trip to my village has changed my view from "Why rain God?" to "Why no Rain God?"

No comments: